Hi Harry,
I have also heard that the American market does not print to scale. I still
find that statement hard to believe, printing to scale is the the biggets
complaint I get from my users, everyone wants to be able to do it and they
all get very frustrated with the scale conversion method. So we commisioned
someone to write a plotting routine, which helps but is not as slick as we
would like. At the moment we are looking into buying a bolt on tool like
'Easyplot' for our mapinfo users (about 50 in PCC) and 'Proprinter' for our
pro-viewer users, though my clients find it hard to accept they have to pay
extra for this basic facility.

I keep hoping that one day Mapinfo will not think of the non-American market
as being a second class citizen and gives us a useable (even if very basic)
WYSIWYG plotting facility.

Malcolm Norman
a disgruntled plotter
Portsmouth City Council