I'm doing something similar enough to what you need that I may be able to
provide clues and start you in the right direction, just in case no one
else replies.

In my case I need to remove the word "county" at the end of each county
name.  first I add a new column named "county".  Then I use the "left$"
function and the "len" function to cut off the last 7 characters of the
original text. I use the following formula to modify  my new column from my
old column named "name".

left$(name,(len(name)-7)).

In your case, since you want the first 10 characters removed, it should be
a simple change left$ to right$ and -7 to -10.   I'm not going to try to
type it out for you because as sure as I did, I would put a typo in it.

I hope this helps.

Jack

                    "Govind, Vinesh"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                  To:     "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:     MI-L Truncating
a column
                    onsmag.com

                    10/18/2000 03:46 AM

                    Please respond to "Govind,

                    Vinesh"

Hi

I have a column in my table called "Branch_Name"
This column is populated with all branch names in them.
Before each of the branch names there is "NBS S&I - "
I would like to remove "NBS S&I - " before each record.
Can someone explain to me how do I go about doing this?

Thanks.

Kind regards.

Vinesh Govind

NBS - Marketing
(T) 364 2106
(F) 364 2915
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

WARNING:
Any unauthorised use or interception of this email is illegal. If this
email
is not intended for you, you may not copy, distribute nor disclose the
contents to anyone. Save for bona fide company matters, the BoE Group does
not accept any responsibility for the opinions expressed in this email.
For further details please see: http://www.nbs.co.za/emaildisclaim.htm

(See attached file: Notebook.jpg)

JPEG File Interchange