Hello,

Trying to modify the sample code that comes with
MapBasic "Gridmakr.mb" to "skip" the letter "I" when
it creates the column names (...FGHJK...).

The original code:

      col_string = build_cellname$(i_col)
      Insert Into table_name ( Description, col_name,
row_name, obj )
             Values ( col_string + Str$(i_row),
'e.g. "A1"
                      col_string,
'e.g. "A"
                      Str$(i_row),
'e.g. "1"
                      obj_cell )

      current_y = current_y - y_spacing
      i_row = i_row + 1
    Loop
    current_x = current_x + x_spacing
    i_col = i_col + 1
  Loop
End Sub

My lame attempt to modify:

    current_x = current_x + x_spacing

if i_col = 72 then
i_col = i_col + 2
else

    i_col = i_col + 1

end if

  Loop
End Sub

The manuals tell me that 65 is ansi "A" so I'm trying
to check for the letter "H" (72) and add 2 (therefore
skipping "I"), if not, continue...

Am I on the right track?

Thanks for any help, this stuff is not easy :-(

Frank