Andy,

I am unable to address the minutiae of the MapInfo program, but I submit
that the accuracy of the transformation parameters you list do not meet the
computational differences you quote anyway.

There are two separate and distinct ways to evaluate a Bursa-Wolf 7
Parameter Datum Shift.  The difference between the two is in the sense of
the rotation of the elements in the 3X3 direction cosine matrix.  The
American/Australian standard is the opposite sign used by many Europeans.
For instance, the Leica software package "SKI" uses the European convention.

The last time I taught my graduate course in coordinate systems when I was
at the University of New Orleans, one of my homework assignments was for the
computation of the 7 parameters between the Luzon Datum of 1911 and WGS 84.
The results of the homework assignment were in close agreement with the
"official" parameters that I published in August of 1999 in "Photogrammetric
Engineering and Remote Sensing,"  the website address is below my signature
block.

Considering the residuals realized at the co-located points in the various
Philippine Islands, decimeter accuracy for such transformations are not
feasible.

Prof. Clifford J. Mugnier  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Surveying, Geodesy, & Photogrammetry
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Department of Civil & Env. Engineering
2408 CEBA Building