Hi David

Yes but take a backup first !!

Then create your own section right at the top of the file eg

"--- David Reid Projections ---"
"Robinson",12,62,7,0
"Davids Pommie National Grid", 2008, 79, 7, -2, 49, 0.9996012717,
400000, -100000, 0,0,2000000,2000000
"If all else fails (long lat)", 1, 0

If you put this at the top then when you select projections MapInfo will
be defaulting to second in list( Long Lat. Just move up the list one
place ( to top) and hey presto you have all your fav projections ( ie
David Reid Projections).

NB the Pommie one has a 2000 added to Transverse Mercator value of 8.
This means that a bounding rectangle is specified at the end ( the 0,0
to 2000000,2000000. This then increases the accuracy - in this case to 1
millimetre.

... I still do not know why there are all those long lats though? Any
ideas? They all seem to store to same origin with same accuracy ( or
lack of).

Regards

Bob
By Design