From:                   "Jacques Paris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     "David Eagle (WSA Cambridge)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                RE: MI-L Auto calc distance
Date sent:              Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:04:22 -0400
Send reply to:          "Jacques Paris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The power of the MapBasic window to your help.

1 - add a new column to your "zones" table (called dist, type float)
2 - select your station in its layer
3 - write and run the following in the MBW (if you want any other unit of
distance change the "km")

dim x as float
dim y as float
x=centroidx(selection.obj)
y=centroidy(selection.obj)
update zones set dist=distance(x,y,centroidx(obj),centroidy(obj),"km")

Good luck

Jacques PARIS

e-mail    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For MapInfo support, see the Paris PC Consult enr. site  at
http://www.total.net/~rparis/gisproducts.htm

For MapBasic questions see the J.Paris site at
http://www.total.net/~jakesp/index.htm