Wolfram,

I do this regularly, for something like contours, in Oasis, I go to the
right hand side of the window and select the select a group button
then right mouse button on the map area>groups>view/group manager and there
highlight the group (layer) you are interested in.  Then I go to the Menu
bar and export, selecting dxf. I then bring the dxf file into MapInfo using
Universal translator.
For gridded images produced by gridding in Oasis I use a similar route but
select MapInfo tiff.

BTW I have Encom's Discover "plug in" for MapInfo which supports Geosoft
*.grd and ERMapper *.ers, though cosmetically slightly less attractive, in
MapInfo than are the tiffs, have the advantage of  actually containing
data, allowing section drawing etc.

HTH Brendan O'Donovan Snr Exploration Geologist Outokumpu Tara MInes
Ireland.