Look in the Free Data section of http://www.directionsmag.com -- there's one there in MI format.

Steve
----- Original Message -----
From: tigi
To: MI list
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2000 02:54 AM
Subject: MI-L can I get a UTM grid in MI ?

Hi   MI listers
Here is a problem for which I will be greatful if anybody can suggest some help

I wanted to check out some plotted points in UTM eastings/northings.  For this I tried to use the Gridmaker utility to put a 500m grid layer. But this does not seem to work. I am only getting a grid in lat/long.
I tried changing the projection of the grid to UTM  using File-Save as .
 On opening this this grid over the location table , I find that the grid still does not line up with reference  points marked on the cosmetic layer.
Question
-Is ther any means of  directly plotting a UTM grid in Mapinfo ?
-Is there any means by which I can check out the plotted points on the map ( not by extracting the point centroids and comparing with original input table values)

thanks

Tigi
Geologist
D/B  group