We use the label function tool. It places the labels on a new layer or on its own layer. The labels have always been in their proper place.
It must be available at Directions mag or Mapinfo.com, otherwise email me and I'll forward it.

galmala wrote:

Hey there guys, I am producing a number of local maps (~200) from a single regional map. I am labeling a number of sample locations on each of the local maps (sample number + sample type). I then save each local map as a workspace - trouble is that when I open a workspace later on, the labels have changed - specifically the tie line from the text now points to a location hundreds of km away!! Has anyone else encountered this problem and possibly found a solution?? Thanks in advance, Chris GallagherChris Gallagher, M. Sc.
Gallagher and Associates Ltd.
24 Chadwick Dr.
Box 900, Deep River, Ont.
K0J 1P0

begin:vcard
n:Perkovic;Drago
tel;fax:(613) 727-3210
tel;work:(613) 727-7563   Ext 405
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.GeoSolutions.com
org:GeoSolutions
adr:;;209C Grenfell Cr;Ottawa;Ontario;K2G 0G3;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:GIS Consultant
note:WWW.GEOSOLUTIONS.COM