Hello Listers,

Coming from Canada I have heard these wildly wonderfull stories of free data
from government sources in the US.  Here our governments do not think along
those lines.

My question is: "Where would I find road informatio around the Great Lakes suitable
for MapInfo?"  I am planning to use this to plot a route (for a bicleride) from
Manitoba back into Ontario.  I could go north of the lakes, but I am told that
this is asking for more than it is worth.

Next, once I have the route (extracted from various streetfiles) how do I have
MapInfo come up automatically with distance along this route from point to point?

Thanks for your help

hans