Selection in MI is set to work on one layer at the time only. The basic reason is simple: the resulting selection is a MI table, complete with its tabular data; how would MI know that all the tables that are in one mappper have the same structure and that cases coming from those tables can be stored in a common structure table?

If you can guarantee that identical structure, then may be you could find some third party code that would do what you are looking for, but MI did not take that risk.

Jacques

Jacques PARIS

e-mail  (>>>19.12.00)  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For MapInfo support, see the Paris PC Consult enr. site  at http://www.total.net/~rparis/gisproducts.htm

For MapBasic questions see the J.Paris site at    http://www.total.net/~jakesp/index.htm