I have a table containing trap locations (traps) and a table of
200 metre buffers (buffs), one for each point in the traps table.
I would like to assign each buffer an ID that is equivalent to
the ID of the trap from which it was created.  Unfortunately,
the critters to be trapped are plentiful and the number of traps
is substantial.  The buffers overlap and each buffer contains
more than one trap, thus a simple "buffer contains trap" join
will not work.

I have tried queries based on the following logic, all of
which result in an invalid join:
     Select * from traps, buffs
         where (CentroidX(traps.obj) = CentroidX(buffs.obj))
         AND (CentroidY(traps.obj) = CentroidY(buffs.obj))
         into NewTable

Is there a way to force MI to transfer attributes of the source
table (traps) to the output table (buffs) when calculating buffers?

Thanks,
Rob