There's getting to be a lot of people who are leaving "out of
office" autoreplies in response to list mail. As I have said
before, this is a tool that should be reserved to inform your
friends and colleagues that you are not answering mail. IT IS NOT
FOR INFORMING EVERYONE WHO POSTS TO A PUBLIC MAILING LIST. We
don't care whether you're out of town or not, and it's bloody
annoying to get a pile of these messages every time we post a new
message to MapInfo-L.

The proper and polite thing to do is unsubscribe while you are
out of town, and then when you return, resubscribe.

So, since I know everyone here would prefer to observe the
highest standards of Emily Postnews' Netiquette rather than be
known as an ignorant savage of the basest sort, here's how we'll
help with this. If you do not take yourself off the list before
you leave an autoreply message on your mail box, I'll do it for
you. You can sign up again when you return.

If you have forgotten how to unsubscribe just read the bottom of
ANY MapInfo-L message. If you have trouble getting yourself off,
please contact me, and I'll help you. When you return, you can
sign up again just like you signed off; just replace the
'unsubscribe' with 'subscribe.'

Have a nice trip.
--
- Bill Thoen
GISnet, 1401 Walnut St., Suite C, Boulder, CO  80302