Hi Michelle

I would say this problem is that MapInfo stores coordinates in terms of
a whole number times a step size as well reported on this list.

If you do not have an MBR on your projection then the step size is the
world divided into 2GB. If you cut the size of your MBR to 2000 KM each
step would only be 1 mm and the precision would go up. If you cut it to
only 200 km your precision would be 0.1mm etc etc

Another problem you would have is extrapolating a long distance from a
short distance will introduce additional errors. As any surveyor would
tell you, you would not expect to accurately set out objects a long way
from a theodolite especially when your reference station is close to the
theodolite.

I do not think this particular problem is to do with curvature because
as you say you are assuming its flat in your calcs.

Regards

Bob
By Design

In message <00f101c0c317$f8c99b00$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, m.e.smith@fron