From: Tom Thomson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 10:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MI-L Does Marilyn Know About This Thread????

Bill:

What I meant by the hammer reference was broader than GIS.  I was looking
at it from the perspective of we all do geographic work, whether we be
surveyors, GISers, cartographers, etc. Hence the hammer.....perhaps someone
outisde the box of geography might choose a different hammer, that is a
non-geographic solution.

The only finger dexterity Gordian needed was grasping the hilt of his sword!

tom