The folks at NOAA CAMEO (Computer Aided Management Emergency Operations)
have placed a link for a MapBasic program that will plot ALOHA plumes in
MapInfo.  http://www.epa.gov/ceppo/cameo/links.htm

There was a Arcview version on the NOAA web site, so to help MapInfo users
we contacted NOAA about putting our MapBasic version on the site for free.
ALOHA is a first responders  air dispersion model.  It's typically used
during emergency chemical spills or for planning.  The link title is using
ALOHA with MapInfo.  This will link you back to our site and after filling
in who you are (no one will contact you! unless you check the box that you
want other information)  you can download the software.  If you do air
quality environmental work or involved with emergency response you may want
to download the software. If you need a version complied for an older
version of MapInfo contact me.

We are MapInfo resellers and I agree with Bill Thoen that the price is the
same for MapInfo products from most resellers  and in most cases resellers
will always give you extra personal help and support -- whenever you need it
and for free. Many resellers offer free help and software using MapInfo-L.
Use your upgrade dollars, to help your reseller, or the ones who offer help,
advice and solutions here online.

Bob Karpovich
Avatar / UAI Environmental