Listers,

Thanks for all the help, here is a summary of the sites offered to me.  I
would like to thank everyone individually, but the response was
overwhelming..... so if you sent me info, then thanks for your help!

I found a demographic site which has tons of info:
http://www.geodemographics.org.uk

Turkey: http://www.die.gov.tr Excellent site with all the stats you could
ever want!!
Poland: http://www.stat.gov.pl/english/index.htm Offers stats for free or
for cost, information in Polish though :-(
Czech Republic: http://www.csmap.cz A MapInfo partner in the Czech Republic
offering data services

Hope this helps some of you in a similar position.  The geodemographic site
above is the best of all, it lists data sources alphabetically - and there
are loads, it alos offers good info on demographics and related
disciplines..... well recommended!

Cheers,
Colin Henderson

Are YOU Playing?
Register online to win over $5,000 in prizes, including a ready-to-use
compact GPS receiver.   Play the "Build Your Own Mosaic" game at
http://www.digitalglobe.com/forms/survey.jsp?form=esri_survey.xml&source=direction
or join the fun in person at July's ESRI International User Conference.