Hi everybody,

It's been a year, (or more?) but I'm back.

I developed a website called flashmaps.org. So far just lots of good
examples of stuff.

Feel free to join the listserv. Only one member, so far (I haven't
promoted it at all), but he's the guy who publishes flashkit.com. He knows
a lot!

First of all, keep in mind that flash is not accessible to the blind. The
temptation, once you learn flash, will be to use it for everything,
including general navigation, and that's a problem.

Three references:
http://www.flashmaps.org
(some bad links, I haven't maintained it since December. Some good stuff I
do want to trace down, and correct. Especially the Baltimore Sun thematic
flash maps. Cool stuff. I'll fix those links!

http://research.umbc.edu/~roswell/blind-access.html

http://www.section508.gov (on accessibility, also.)

Well, hi all,

Margie

 On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Peter
Smith wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> http://www.biavic.com.au/club_marine_melb_boatshow/fr_boat_show.html map of
> parking & transport facilities
> is an example of Flash used for mapping.
>
> Peter.

            Marjorie Roswell, Spatial Analyst
UMBC Center for Health Program Development and Management
1000 Hilltop Circle                     Fx: (410)455-6850
Baltimore, MD 21250                   E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ph: (410)455-6802    http://umbc.edu/~roswell/mipage.html