Hi everyone,

Sometimes, for reasons I haven't worked out, MapInfo's message window does a
vanishing act. I can get it back by typing

set window message position (0,0)

in the mapbasic window, but if I knew why it happened in the first place I
could go out lunchtime drinking a happy man.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

PS - it's not just that the window's been closed: typing something like

print "This is the message window"

doesn't bring it back. My personal conspiracy theory on this one is that my
message window is trying to display somewhere off screen (probably really
annoying my colleague by appearing on her monitor, on top of her mapbasic
code).

David Booth
Senior GIS Officer
Merseyside Information Service