I'm a brand new (three days) user of MapInfo and I
have what will probably seem a very elementary
question.

I'm working on a redistricting project and I'm trying
to convert Census blocks, tracts, and vtd's from
ArcView ShapeFile format into usable MapInfo tabfiles
using ShapeLink.

When I attempt to translate I recieve an "unable to
open the ShapeFile components" message.  I'm sure the
problem can be easily solved (or is absolutely
unsolvable), but forgive me...I'm just a rookie.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me.

---Joe Thompson

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/