Hi

I was wondering if anyone on the list has had experience
in using secant mercator projections for project grids.
What I need to do is set up a projection for a long skinny
project that crosses a number of UTM zones (ie East West),
so I thought a secant mercator projection along a line of
lattitude would suit this perpose (north south extent is minimal).
However, I'm not aware of anyone who has tried this (although I'm
sure someone has) and I'm having trouble tracking down the
parameters for such a projection.

I'm hoping that if such a projection is viable and I can get
hold of the parameters, the implementation within MapInfo will
be quite straight forward.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/