If only they would implement an inline if statement.  I'm sure that this
has been asked for before (around version 5.0?) but the response was
just a snippet of code.  Great if you are creating a MBX, not so great
if you just want to do something within MIPro without writing code.

As far as doing the label using the left and right functions may help,
eg

if col1 < 10 label with col2 otherwise label with col3

left$(col2, (10 - col1) * 999) + left$(col3,(col1 - 10) * 999)

Cameron Crum wrote:

> Sadly, no. At least that is what I was told by MI tech support about 6 months
> ago. No such thing as a conditional label.
>
> Cameron
>
> Steve Carlsson wrote:
>
> > Hi Listers
> >
> > Is it possible to use an If Then statement in labelling.
> >
> > Obviously we can use an expression to label with more than one column.  The
> > question is can we create an expression that will label:
> >
> > IF the value in one collum is > than x THEN use label from another column
> > (same row)?
> >
> > EG I have a bar graph with a column of data which is the detection limit for
> > a mineral.  If the detection limit is reached then graph the value in the
> > actual value column, not the detection limit column...
> >
> > Does this make sense...?
> >
> > Any info would help.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Steve Carlsson
> > Sales Manager
> > Digital Mapping Solutions Pty Ltd
> > Ph 089 474 6311 Fax 089 474 6411
> > Mobile 0411 736 116
> > 2/2 Hardy Street SOUTH PERTH WA 6151
> > www.mapsys.com.au

Mike Taylor
GIS Senior Consultant                   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sinclair Knight Merz Limited            http:\\www.skmconsulting.com
Level 12, Mayfair House                 Tel: +64 4 473 4265
54 The Terrace                          Fax: +64 4 473 3369
PO Box 10283,Wellington
New Zealand