From: Driver, Greg 9434 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 5:41 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: MI-L MapBasic question - Style override

Listers,

Is there anyway when switching a layer on in MapBasic to know whether a
global style override has been set?  The reason I ask is that we have a
small MapBasic application that switches loaded raster images on and off.
The only problem is when an image has been switched off and a style override
has been set for the layer, when it's switched back on again it displays as
default (without the style override).  Looking at the MapBasic reference
guide it's only possible to switch a layer on as either GLOBAL (with style
override) or GRAPHIC (as default).  So if you use GRAPHIC it ignores any
previous style overrides that had been set or if you use GLOBAL this
displays with style override regards of whether it was set previous to being
switched off.  Any ideas on how I can get round this and know when a style
override has been set?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Surrey Police does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  This email
and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain privileged
information and are intended for the named addressee (s) only. They must not
be distributed without our consent. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify us immediately and delete the message and any attachments from
your computer, do not disclose, distribute, or retain this email or any part
of it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the
individual sender, and not of Surrey Police. We believe but do not warrant
that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free. You must therefore take
full responsibility for virus checking. Surrey Police reserves the right to
monitor all email communications through their networks.