Does anyone have any experience of running MapXtreme for windows on a linux
box using a windows emulator?

Is it possible?

What is the perfomace hit?

What is the functionality hit?

The reason I ask is that I am in the position of needing to deploy the
windows version for functionality and interoperability reasons but our
corporate IT section have a linux only position for web servers due to
problems with windows based virus' earlier in the year. The site is
currently running on an NT box due to the urgency of the project but only
for a 6 month period by which time a more permanent solution is required.

We are looking at using PHP shells to interface off a normal web server but
are not convinced hence this enquiry into this seemingly obvious route

Peter Roberts
Powys CC

site in question deals with access information for walkers during the tail
end of the UK FMD outbreak
 http://www.powys.gov.uk/footandmouth/english/countrysideaccess.php3