Regarding my earlier post (at the bottom of this e-mail) about transforming a
non earth map to a real earth coordinate system.  I ended up converting the file
to dxf and importing it into MapInfo and setting up a coordinate transformation
using the two control points that I had.  But I'm not sure how accurate this is?
Does anyone   know what the differences are between using this method and using
the affine transformation method or using other softwares that do this kind map
transformation from a non earth to a real earth coordinate system?  Are some
transformation methods more accurate then others?

Information about software that can do this kind of transformation was also
suggested such as the Traverse PC and Discover program, are there any other
software packages that can do this? In what situation should one use these
programs or use the affine transformation method rather then just setting up a
coordinate transformation while importing a dxf version in MapInfo? Any insight
would be appreciated.

TIA

Dan

---------------------- Forwarded by Dan Page/HullOttawa/PCH/CA on 11/15/2001