Hi,

I have an Access 97 database set up to store information on coast defence
structures. I also have a MapInfo workspace that displays all of the
structures. I want to be able to launch MapInfo from Access and centre the
map on the current record.

I have done this crudely by having a different workspace for each structure
and opening the relevant one when the user clicks the command button in
Access. I would like to do this more efficiently/elegantly? but do not know
which approach to take. My first thought is to have a generic workspace for
all of the structures and then to use Visual Basic to read the proper centre
position from the database and write this to the Center line of the
workspace.

If this is the correct way to do this I would appreciate any help on how to
code it. If not, any ideas will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Mark Ellis