Hi Listers,

ODBC links can be very easy and seamless, but also very frustrating. I'm
Trying to work out the problems a co-worker is having w/ a link from MI 6.0
to SQL Server (version ??). One problem is the table that is in SQL Server
has numerous fields of text that don't display in the linked table browser.
My first suspicion is that these are Memo or BLOB fields and thus can't be
displayed in MI. I would love to hear from anyone who has worked out a
solution to this problem. Additionally, can anyone share there experiences
in implementing a server based ODBC link to MI from SQL Server (what are the
pros and cons)? Should we ditch SQL Server and go w/ another Client server
software?

Harold R. Feinberg
Research Analyst 1 GIS

Ca. Dept. of Conservation: