From: Jacques Paris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 9:27 PM
To: Warren Vick, Europa Technologies Ltd.
Subject: RE: MI-L LAT LONG Precision

Warren,

This is much interesting. I was told that unbounded lat/lon will always be
stored in a matrix with a grain of 1/1 000 000 degree. And I had interpreted
that as the worst precision MI could get. What you wrote seems to indicate
that there are some conditions where that performance is not met. Is it the
case of some specific projections; no, not possible projections would not be
in degrees.

I would appreciate if you have a lead on that question to add to my
knowledge of MI internal precision.

Jacques Paris
e-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MapBasic-MapInfo support  http://www.paris-pc-gis.com