The "toFile" method of MapXtremeImageRenderer requires me to come up
with an image name, as well as clean up after myself later on.  In
addition to keeping the name unique per session, I must avoid the
browser cacheing problem.  You'd think MapXtreme might take care of
this for me, no?  (ala ArcIMS)

Is there something in the API I'm missing?  What clever do-it-yourself
methods are people using?

BTW, I'm implementing a bare-bones HTML client with MapXtreme Java
4.0.

thanks in advance,
Chris

Chris Krahe