Hi
you must get the hwnd through an api call. Set focus on your control -
which must be an empty sub-form, then get its hwnd through an api call
.....in the set application statment turn the variable into a
string..........something like this.....

Dim fHwnd As Long 'variable for window identifier (Hwnd)
____________________________
Private Declare Function apiGetFocus Lib "user32" Alias "GetFocus" ()
As Long 'call to get the window identifier (Hwnd) of the control
________________________________
MyControl.SetFocus
fHwnd = apiGetFocus
___________________________
MI.Do "Set Application Window " & Str$(fHwnd) 'Makes the current Access
form the application window
MI.Do "Set Next Document Parent " & Str$(fHwnd) & " Style 1"

Oh - Has anyone got their legends to work properly from Access?

Sion Roberts
GIS officer
Cyngor Cefngwlad Cymru
Countryside Council for Wales

>>> "Matt Trigg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 02/27/02 08:37AM >>>
Hi All

Does anyone have our there any experience of using Access(97) as an
automation controller for MapInfo?

I would like to re-parent a map window to appear inside a control on
an
access form, but I cannot find a suitable form control to use as a
place
holder. The control must have an hWnd property I can use when
re-parenting
MapInfo document windows. I have successfully created pop-up windows
using
the form's hWnd property, but I want to embed the map window within
the
form.

thanks in advance, will sum

Matt

1. This message and any files or other attachments transmitted with it
is intended for the addressee only. They are private and confidential
and are for the sole use of the intended recipient. Copyright in this
message and any accompanying document created by us is owned by us. If
you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail or any part of it
please telephone Head Office at the number shown below or notify us by
e-mail at: [EMAIL PROTECTED] You should not use or disclose to
any other person the contents of this message or its attachments or
files (if any), nor take copies.

2. We have taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any
attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses, but we cannot
accept any liability for any loss or damage sustained as a result of
software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus
checks before opening any attachment or file. Please note as well that
e-mails can be falsified: in circumstances where the content of this
e-mail is important you should not rely on its integrity without
checking it by telephone or fax.

3. This message and any files or attachments have been sent to you with
the sender's knowledge that the contents may be intercepted, monitored
and regulated by us in the course of transmission and in compliance with
the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000. If you reply to this
message and/or send a message to us in any other way you accept that the
contents, including attachments or files, of that message may be
intercepted, monitored and regulated by us in the course of transmission
and in compliance with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.
If for any reason you do not wish to consent to the above please contact
us on the number below.

GEOGRAPHERS' A-Z MAP COMPANY LIMITED
Fairfield Road
Borough Green