Hi Mappers it's me... been a bit quiet lately

my answer is based on some work I often do in Adobe Photoshop /  Illustrator

open your MapInfo (tm) table/s and display as an entire 'layer in
view' setting, then in an editable cosmetic layer create at least 4
distinct point objects at definable co-ordinate locations fianlly
record the points co-ordinate locations,

what you will do is save the final screen as a raster layer
(bmp/tiff/jpeg) then bring the resulting image file back into MapInfo
. Use the original cosmetic layer objects as registering points. Set
the correct projection of your original map and use the points for
your geo-referencing applying the co-ordinates at the proper point.
You can then later open the raster part of the file set into software
like Photoshop and paint out or erase the reference marks without
changing the size or resolution of the image.

remember the bigger  size you save the window as the less subject the
resulting file will be to  plines with crazy pixel jaggies  but
noting the file will be so much larger. To work out the best balance
between size and clarity can only be determined by your intended use

To get the best referencing point accuracy make a grid based on your
required co-ordinate system using the finest line setting possible,
georeference at known grid intersections then paint out the grid if
possible in photoshop etc

>Does anybody know if there is a Mapbasic or free tool that will rasterize a
>vector table. I would like to be able to overlay this boundaries and give
>some bit of transparency.
>
>Cheers, NEAL

*      _
*
*     |_|/~\----^\_   Adrian Walls, North Wales
*
*      _/_      *  :. 14 Tyn Llan,Llanferres,Denbighshire,CH7 5SP, UK *
*     //  |        :' [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
*     -   \        :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
*         /       :   http://www.nwmba.demon.co.uk
*
*         \        :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
*        /         :  AOL Instant Message Username : MacMTBman        *
*
*   /~             :.  (web mail) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
*
*
*