Good morning to you all

Is there any guru out there who can tell me how to automatically
obtain the extents of a raster image and show as a polygon outline.

We have many layers of overlapping raster images of various dates,
series, resolutions etc. I would like to be able to see pictorially on
the screen the extents of these without displaying the actual raster
image.

At the moment, I can manually create a polygon around each image
and load up with metadata, but there must be an easier way.

Replies directly to me please and I will summarise

Thanks for your help

Keith Holswich
New Plymouth
New Zealand