I'd appreciate any advice on the following problem:

I'm writing a MapBasic Application to automate the creation of a standard map layout.
There is a fair amount of user defined variable information - and in one legend box in
particular, the legend text is dependent on what the user enters.  I'm using MapInfo
6.5 and I'm setting up the legend with the "Set Legend" function to set up the legend
defaults and then "Create Cartographic Legend" function to create the actual legend
window.

The problem is within the "Set Legend" command (it compiles, but crashes when run).
The problem lies with the use of a variable within the feature description text line,
ie:

Set Legend
  Layer 1
    Ranges.........
      Auto Disp..........
      "$$$$$$$" + variable1 + "$$$$$$$$$" Display On,   **program crashes here
      "$$$$$" + variable2 + "$$$$$$" Display On
Create Cartographic Legend
  etc....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul Lukas