On 3/23/2002 09:26, "Larry Nolan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 
> Does anyone know if Mapinfo stores the date a table was created. If it does
> do you know of a way using Mapbasic to retrieve it. I know I can use the
> windows API functions to get the date/time stamp of the files on the disk
> but that will only give me the date last edited or the last time opened by
> Mapinfo.
> 

I'm not very familiar with Windows programming, as I've had my head quite
deep in UNIX systems for some time, but off the top of my head, there should
be -three- date attributes available from the filesystem (at least, Windows
Explorer can get all three):

atime - Last time/date the file was accessed
mtime - Last time/date the file was modified
ctime - Creation time/date of the file.

What you want to grab from is ctime.  I'm also not very familiar with
MapBasic's capabilities, so I will defer to Bob Young's reply on that
matter.  However, if I remember correctly (and I sometimes do -not-), can't
you load a compiled DLL in MapBasic and utilize its functions?  Then all you
have to do is whip up a simple DLL that calls stat() on the file to get the
ctime (and atime/mtime if required).

If you'd like some more information I could probably dig up some good
references on stat() and the filesystem.  Email me offline.

-j

-- 
--Jonathan Disher
--Chief Scientist, Geodata Consultants, Inc
--http://www.geodataconsult.com
--[e] [EMAIL PROTECTED] | [v] +1 800 838 6661


---------------------------------------------------------------------
List hosting provided by Directions Magazine | www.directionsmag.com |
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to