Dear List

Can anybody please point me in the direction of formulae or a website to
allow computation of the two angles for direction of shadow from sun and
also length of shadow from sun at different times of the day/year and at
different long/lat or better still at British National Grid and relative
to North on BNG.

I'd like to be able to compute the bearing of a line from the sun and
pretty accurately. Can anybody comment on the accuracy that can be
achieved if the exact location and time are known?

I'm comparing bearings derived from MasterMap data with measured angles
on site ( long shots to trig points ) and would like to include bearings
computed from sun in comparisons.

Any titles of books on this subject would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Bob

--