Hello,

I've tried looking in my own archives of the list (from December of 2001)
but I couldn't find an answer for this problem.

I'm using an OLE server programmed via MapBasic (6.5 across the board for
mapinfo products) from Visual C++.  I init OLE, start up the mapinfo
dispatch and then commence to make thematic maps.  The whole process will
go through, but during the creation of the thematic map, the progress
dialog will pop up, first with a 'combining objects' then with
'interpolating'.  Between the two popups (after combining but before
interpolating), the main dialog box of the program gets a popup dialog with
the following:
Title: Server Busy
Text:  The action cannot be completed because the other program is
busy.  Choose "Switch To" to activate the busy program and correct the problem.
Buttons: Switch To..., Retry, and (a grayed out) Cancel.

The popup dialog won't let the next statement of the MapBasic go through,
or I wouldn't even worry about it.

Is there any way to turn off the progress dialogs, or turn off whatever
command comes back between the progress dialogs, or something else I'm
missing to get rid of the 'Server Busy' popup?

This program needs to run stand alone (it's intended to replace about 40
minutes of time which could be otherwise used productively, but if you have
to hit the 'retry' continuously, you might as well have used the regular
process to create the maps by hand...)

Michael

--
Michael Martinson