From: Morrier, Steve [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: vrijdag 14 juni 2002 15:57
To: 'Mapinfo-List'
Subject: MI-L MapBasic Questions

Hi Again,

Does anyone know why if I put the following line in my code nothing happens,
but if I change Wordpad to Notepad is works perfectly!?!?

If OpenTxt Then
          Run Program "Wordpad " + SelFile

Also is there any way to count the number of characters in a field, but only
count consecutive characters where there is no space? I am using;

Len(Name) >20

But this counts the total number of characters including spaces, I would
like to stop counting once a space is encountered. I am trying to make sure
that no name is greater than 20 characters, unless it is a double barrel
word.

TIA

Steve