Hi all,

I have searched the archives and I can create a list of all the open tables,
I can determine if a given table is open but I still can't figure out how
create a variable that will contain the currently opened table. I have a
Close All statement so they should only be one open table at any given time.
I need to be able to use a variable that will represent the currently opened
table. Do I need to create a function? I am sure there is a simple way to do
this. I have tried to use TAB_INFO_NAME without any success. There are a 2
possible table formats with a total of six possibilities for table names
that could be open at any given time, 3 will be name *_city the other 3 will
be *_Street. Obviously I could hard code the six possible names but I would
like to avoid this as I will need to call the open table more than once. TIA

Steve

Dim OpenTab As String

OpenTab = TableInfo(1, TAB_INFO_NAME)

If OpenTab = "*_City" Then
insert into OpenTab (Alias, Primary) values ("","")

Else If OpenTab = "*_Alias" Then
insert into OpenTab (Primary, City, Alias) values ("","","")

Else
        Note "No Tables are open"
End If
End If