Hi Jonathan.

The ENCOM Discover software has that tool.  It has a bunch of other
useful tools, like automated scaled output with a titleblock,
gridding/contouring, exporting 3D Dxf files and more.  It is not free,
but for all the tools you get, it is a great deal.  If you want to find
out more about Discover, please check out the following link:
http://www.mcelhanney.com/software/sw_discover.html

It was originally developed for the earth sciences, but i have other
types of companies using it for its useful tools.

Karl
Karl Kliparchuk, M.Sc.
McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd.
L100 - 780 Beatty Street                            450 - 999 8th Ave SW
Vancouver, BC  Canada                             Calgary, AB   Canada
V6B 2M1                                                   T2R 1J5
Tel (604) 683-8521                                     Tel (403)
262-5042
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> "Stokes, Jonathan (J)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 07/17/02 01:42 AM >>>
Morning All
I'm looking for a tool that will permanently alter the colour values of
the
regions in a table based on a column value. I know i can do this in a
thematic layer but on this occasion i need to do it permanently.

TIA

Jon

Jonathan Stokes
GIS Consultant