Hi List,

Silly question and only partially related to MapInfo,
it's one of those non-mapinfo questions that arises
out of using mapinfo and vb...

Anyone know how to search a foxpro dbase in vb using
the recordset object? I have used it on access with no
hassles, but I keep getting an invalid index error
when I try to search for text within a field within a
foxpro dbase?? I don't wanna have to convert my dbase
into access, and the net seems to be a complete blank
as does VB manuals the vb help...

simply put, this is the offending code, and it gets
unhappy with the "DESCRIPT" column specified as the
index. I've tried using a unique field for the index,
but no joy...

dtaJobs.Recordset.Index = "DESCRIPT"
dtaJobs.Recordset.Seek "=", SearchValue

    If dtaJobs.Recordset.NoMatch Then
        MsgBox ("No Matches using current search
criteria")
        End If

sorry for the slightly off-topic
thanx