Hello,

Thanks to all who replied.  The sample code from an OBJMOVE.mb, which I
downloaded from the site suggested by Vinny was very helpful.

Thanks again,

Michael Hanna

My fellow MapInfo-ists,

I would like to write a MapBasic procedure which nudges the selected
polyline to the right by 5 meters.
I suppose that I will use the Alter Object statement, but I have two
questions:

1.      Will I need to change the x and y position of every node in the
polyline, or will only the end points suffice?
                If I'll need to nudge every node, then any sample code for
determining each node in a polyline would be of great assistance to me.

2.      How can I ensure that the units by which I'm nudging are in meters,
without having to change the projection?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Michael Hanna
Industrial Engineering
United Parcel Service Canada Ltd.