Michael,

what Paul suggested will work,

a way of doing this if you are not too famialiar with mapbasic is to set
the projection of the map window to something other then BNG then set it
back to BNG once more using the map options dialog.

To change the projection of the map go to Map > Options, then select the
Projections button. Select another projectioj, say the OSGRS80. then OK
to close that, then OK again to close the Map Options dialog. Repeat the
same but now choose British National rid as the projection.

then try your create points on the table.

If you want to see the MabBasic command as Paul suggested then open the
MapBasic window, from the Options > Show MApBasic Window command.

Regards,
Dave

>>> "CLARK, Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 08/15 12:38 pm >>>
Thanks for all the advice - I've tried everything but it still doesnt
work -
I've saved a copy of the table as British Coordinate systems (British
national Grid). I've then opened the table and gone to create points,
check
that the projection is BCS and BNG but the points still appear as one
point.

This is a sample of the table:

ID CMF GR East North
1 clockface sj537916 353700 391600
2 Fairchilds farm sj480908 348000 390800
3 Hopyards sj651758 365100 375800

I only have about 30 points to plot - is is possible to do it manually
in
MI?

Thanks

MIchael