(sorry, previous mail was sent prematurely)

Hi,

I have a large amount of data (approx. 100000 points and 5000 rectangles) which I want
to display using Delphi and MapX. As of now I've assumed that I could simply create a
feature using featurefactory and add it to a temporary layer. This seems however to be
very slow.

Some profiling reveals that adding 1000 small rectangles to a layer takes ~27 seconds.
98% of the time is spent on the function call "Map1.Layers.Item['Temp
Layer'].AddFeature(f, EmptyParam);". Creating the feature as such seem to be quite
fast. I'm running it on a P3/1GHz.

Is there a smarter (=faster) way to this? I assume there is since I've seen other
mapinfo applications which seem pretty fast. Either a quicker to add a feature to a
given layer or a better/faster way to add objects (point & rectangles) to mapinfo.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards // Niklas