No, this is not an option, at least not thru MapBasic.

The settings are saved to the MapInfow.prf located somewhere on your locale
disk.
This file is not ascii, so altering it isn't so easy, but it might be done,
if you know where to
alter to what.

Peter
Peter Horsbøll Møller, GIS Udviklingskonsulent / GIS-Developer
Kampsax A/S - GIS Software & Solutions
Rugaardsvej 55, 5000 Odense, DK
tel: +45 6313 5013,  dir:+45 6313 5008,  fax: +45 6313 5090
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.kampsax-gis.dk and www.kampsax.dk
Authorized MapInfo Partner & Distributor in Denmark and Norway.
Se mere om Dansk MapInfo Brugerkonference på
http://www.kampsax-gis.dk/Default.asp?ID=296

Klik ind på http://www.kortal.dk og se det hele lidt fra oven!
Check http://www.kortal.dk and have a look at Denmark from above!
----- Videresendt af Peter Møller/Kampsax - 25-09-2002 11:20 -----

                    Sanjeev

                    <mapmanage@ya        Til:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    hoo.com>             cc:

                                         Vedr.:  MI-L Change Property of selected Obj

                    25-09-2002

                    08:49

   Helo,

   Lister

    In the mapinfo Menu "Option" than click on the
    preferences from the dialog choosing mapwindow
    there is control "selected Object" when we made
    here change. the property of selected obj change
    My question is can we change the selected obj
    property means (selected obj Hightlight color,Fill
    type) through programatically.

    Thanks for any Help

     Sanjeev