Hello A.W.,

Thursday, September 26, 2002, 9:21:57 AM, you wrote:

AWMAPL> Hi All,

AWMAPL> I am having trouble finding some code that will remove the min max and
AWMAPL> close buttons from the map window . I still require the MI window min max
AWMAPL> and close buttons. My MI cession is started from within MsAccess and I
AWMAPL> don't use MapBasic. I am aware of API calls, but I am not to sure how I
AWMAPL> should approach this.

AWMAPL> Is there an alternative using a modified menu in the workspace ??

AWMAPL> Any help will be very much appreciated
1) Find HWND of mapper window you need modify (WindowInfo(..i don't
remember attributes - see MapBasic help)) and store it in variable
says hWNDMapper
2) get window long usign GetWindowLog. In C++ syntax it looks like
this
LONG lStyle = GetWindowLong(hWNDMapper, GWL_STYLE);
3) Remove from style bit value WS_MAXIMIZEBOX
lStyle &= lStyle^WS_MAXIMIZEBOX;
4) Assign new window long to the mapper window
SetWindowLong(hWNDMapper, GWL_STYLE, lStyle);

Thats all
AWMAPL> Thanks

--
Best regards,
Vladimir Lashin

MBBuilder - Visual Development Tool for MapBasic -
http://www.microolap.com/products/gis/mbbuilder.htm
Raster Handler for ERDAS Imagine to MapInfo -
http://www.microolap.com/products/gis/imgrhl.htm
MapInfo Callbacks Manager ActiveX - http://www.microolap.com/products/gis/micmx.htm
EasyMap VCL - http://www.microolap.com/products/gis/easymap.htm

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]