From: Robert Karr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 02 October 2002 15:09
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI-L MapInfo to Quark, AGAIN, but on a MAC this time.

Greetings All:

About a year ago I visited you with the topic of getting MapInfo maps into Quark. No truly useful answer was forthcoming.

Now, I have the additional  challenge of getting my maps into Quark on a MAC.

Anybody have ANY success stories on this topic, or even somewhat related topics???

Bitmaps going into any version of Quark are "dumbed down" to screen resolution (~72 - 96 dpi) by Quark, no matter what the original resolution of the image is.

Writing a PDFs causes too many changes to fill color, patterns, line type and thickness, and shifts in text placement. (Will Quark accept PDFs??)

WMFs, going first into Illustrator (Quark won't accept WMFs directly) are sort of truncated, hard to describe the way the image is mangled.

Any help, advice, etc, would be appreciated.

...thanks   ....Bob

Robert Karr                                     Phone: 517-373-3028
GIS Operator                                  FAX:      517-373-0171
Science and Technology Division
Legislative Service Bureau
Michigan State Legislature
124 West Allegan Street, 4th Floor