Hi all,

Our office spam count went from 80 in Oct, 140 Nov, 275 Dec...same trend
during summer before school started in Aug/Sep but at a 40% less.
So far Jan is not looking to drop back like Jun and Oct [may be worse than
the holidays] and that follows all trend predictions for 2003

I just installed POPFile [free as in beer] which is a Bayesian filter and it
also digs into the "all html base64 encoded" and has been nailing them 100%.
It's available at http://popfile.sourceforge.net.
It's out-of-box "training curve" this week was 85 percent and I'll reset the
counters tomorrow to get a better "real feel" and should get 99% in the next
couple of weeks. We have 30 diverse people in 5 departments which will
probably increase the curve over a home or office with a few people with the
same web/surfing habits. We are running up to 200 total mails per day M-F
but I can not have any good ones getting canned.

Here's one of my nifty links for figuring out spam.  It is the "low-res"
link 450k vs the hi-res 750k "who's sleeping with who".
[note unless you have the largest plotter its way too big to print]

Robert West has definately done his "header homework"
http://www.cluelessmailers.org/spamdemic/mapfullsizegiflow.html

Trey Pattillo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.wap3.com