From: B. Thoen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 9:50 AM
To: MapInfo-L (E-mail)
Subject: RE: MI-L Attention NYC residents

Don't be ridiculous. This is the sort of hyperbolic paranoia that causes
public data providers to jerk their data off the web, foiling few
terrorists, but really impeding legitimate GIS work.

I agree we need to be careful about what sort of data is made available as
easily as possible, but if we look at every coordinate as the cross-hairs
of a bomb sight, then we invite the world to paint ALL GIS developers with
the terrorist brush. Let's keep a sense of proportion in the
risk / information factor.

- Bill Thoen

 On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Kathy Tang wrote:

> ARE YOU KIDDING!!!
>
> With the state of the world these days, this e-mail request should be
going
> to the FBI, NSA, CIA, whoever is responsible.
> Don't anyone answer this.......

This communication contains information from Universal Access, Inc. (or its
affiliates) which is confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the
exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended
recipient(s), please note that any distribution, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  If you have
and then destroy any copies of it.