Stephen Wallace wrote:

> I may be the only one on the list, but I do not mind some GIS industry
> SPAM. In more than one case I have looked at the products being offered.

True, a certain type of advertising -- when it's relevant to our
interests -- is more like "news you can use" than spam. But where
I draw the line is when a spammer uses illegal or unethical
techniques like using open relays to shove their messages around
the net. The examples I've received so far indicate that this is
how these messages were propagated. Of course, it may very well
be that this is the work of a hired "promoter" and that the
company isn't aware of the methods used. If that's the case, then
now they know.

BTW, if anyone else here has received unsolicited commercial
e-mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED] and you still have a copy of the
message(s), if you could forward a copy to me (with the message
headers included) I'd appreciate it.

- Bill Thoen