We use a custom-built MapX application for data management, and also use
MapInfo for map production and editing of background tables. Occasionally,
when opening these background tables in the MapX application, the following
error is generated:

"Table is not mapable. Make sure table has an object column. If table is a
server table, make sure that there is an entry in the mapinfo catalog for
it."

Generally, opening the offending table in Mapinfo and saving with  a new
name will resolve this.

I have spoken to our in-house software people who wrote the application and
they are unsure what causes this error. So I'm hoping someone else may
know.

Yours hopefully

Martin Spiers

This electronic communication and its attachments may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or legally privileged information and are for the sole use
of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
distribution, or reproduction of this communication is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful; please contact the sender and delete this
communication.
MWH does not warrant or make any representation regarding this transmission

whatsoever nor does it warrant that it is free from viruses or defects,
correct or reliable. MWH is not liable for any loss or damage that occurs
as a result of this communication entering your computer network.

The views expressed in this message are not necessarily those of MWH.
This communication cannot form a binding agreement unless that is the
express
intent of the parties and they are authorized to make such an agreement.
MWH reserves all intellectual property rights contained in this
transmission.
MWH reserves the right to monitor any electronic communication sent or
received by its employees.